Suffering from back pain can make going through your day difficult. Physical therapy can be one way to help ease your back pain. If you are looking for physical therapists for back pain in Astoria, Wantagh, Lindenhurst, or Valley Stream, contacting Advance Physical Therapy is a good first step.
How does back pain occur?
There are many ways that back pain can occur, here are a few of the main ways:
- Strains of the muscles or ligaments: Doing an activity that requires lifting repeatedly or lifting from an awkward angle or position is the most common way for strains to happen.
- Arthritis: Another common reason for back pain to occur is due to arthritis. This usually doesn’t happen from doing a single activity like a strain, but built up over time.
- Bulging or ruptured discs: Back pain can result from this because the disc acts as a cushion between your vertebrae and your spine. If the disc is not in the right spot it can be very uncomfortable and painful.
How can physical therapy help back pain?
Physical therapy is a good way to help deal with your back pain – here are a few recommended techniques:
- Stretching: Doing different stretches that focus on your back can be a good way to help ease your back pain. At Advance Physical Therapy, we are physical therapists for back pain in Astoria who can recommend stretches to help with your individual back pain.
- Massages: Massages are another great way to help with any back pain you are dealing with. A physical therapist can help ease your back with a number of different massages like deep tissue massage or hot/cold therapy massages.
Having back pain can make going through your day difficult. There are a number of different ways that a physical therapist can help you in dealing with your back pain. At Advance Physical Therapy we have physical therapists for back pain in Astoria who are ready to help you today.