Need An Appointment For Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY? Advance Physical Therapy has a location right in your area:
2633 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214 Phone: 716-342-1100 Fax: 716-322-0335
What Can Physical Therapy Do For You?
If you have suffered an injury, or want to increase your strength, mobility or flexibility, contact our Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY at Advance Physical Therapy today.
What is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy is the rehabilitation and treatment of injuries, diseases, and other conditions through physical engagement rather than surgical and/or drug treatment. This medical practice is carried out with the use of massage therapy, weight training, and other physical activities that will overtime heal any ailments that you may be enduring. Physical therapy is widely effective due to the nature of one-on-one attention between the patient and the physical therapist. Our expert Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY offers hands-on care to our patients in need as we help to relieve their discomfort.
What is a Physical Therapist?
The main role of a physical therapist is promoting quality of life by planning a custom regimen for their patient’s specific needs, without the use of drugs or surgery. They also focus on educating their patients with ways to prevent future injuries and ensure long-term physical health. With Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY, our staff’s attention to detail and compassion for our patients is what keeps them coming back.
How Our Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY Can Help You
If you are experiencing any degree of pain in any region of the body, physical therapy most likely can benefit you. Physical therapy is used all around the world to treat many different types of injuries/conditions and can be leveraged by people of all ages and backgrounds. The profession has really made strides into the sports world, having the ability to treat almost any sports-related injury if a surgical procedure is not needed. Rest is needed with many injuries, but it must be followed by physical engagement. It is not sensible to go from a resting period straight back into your normal activities. The body must be taught and re-strengthened to ensure future injuries are avoided and the present injury is healed. Here is a list of some things our Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY can help treat:
- Back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Cystic fibrosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Post ACL surgery
- Carpal tunnel
- Parkinson’s disease
- Sprains, tears, ruptures
Due to the extensive value physical therapy brings to all sorts of injuries and conditions, the benefits vary from patient to patient. Here is a shortlist of the many benefits physical therapy provides:
- Increased range of motion
- Pain relief
- Increased balance
- Stronger joints and muscles
- Knowledge of your body
- Surgery prevention
- Positive mobility
- Increased confidence
Advance Physical Therapy – Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY
Advance Physical Therapy has over 20 years of experience serving the state of New York. The physical therapists at Advance Physical Therapy are committed to personalizing a rehabilitation plan that will yield each patient a fast and effective healing process. “Fast, effective treatment-one patient at a time,” is their motto. A motto is something companies embody into their workplace and is a code they live by. If you make the bright choice of booking an appointment at Advance Physical Therapy, rest assure you are going to be in good hands.
Comprised of some of the most active muscles and ligaments in the body, your back is always at risk for some degree of injury. The list of causes for back pains is vast and doesn’t exclusively affect older individuals as studies have shown. In most cases, the symptoms experienced are mild and easily dealt with by over-the-counter pain relievers. If not properly addressed, however, these small episodes of back pain can lead to far worse and immobilizing symptoms.
Your back is a puzzle that’s intricately made up of several highly active spinal joints, nerves, discs, and muscles. When one of these pieces begins to suffer from abnormal conditions, the entire area of the body is affected as a result. Some of the most common conditions include:
- Herniated (or slipped) discs- When the soft tissues between the discs slides out. This painful event is caused by general wear and tear.
- Spinal stenosis- When the spinal canal has narrowed due to aging. This can cause numbness in other parts of the body.
- Sciatica- The sciatic nerve that runs from the lower back to the backside of the legs can be pinched and can cause severe dull or shooting pain.
- Back spasms- Caused by improperly performing strenuous activities such as lifting or sports.
Day-to-day activities are the most popular catalysts for back complications. Whether you’re lifting frequently or sitting at a desk, the manner in which you perform at work can have a huge impact on your back’s health. However, your routine can have less stress on your body if you execute proper posture and quick exercises daily. Simple tips and exercises for healthy posture habits can always make a big difference.
Finding the root cause for your back pain can be tough. Luckily, there are physical therapists available to help. These specialists have all the tools and techniques needed for effectively alleviating pain all over the body. Advance Physical Therapy has professionals stationed in Astoria, Valley Stream, Wantagh, and Lindenhurst locations who are certified to help you lead a pain-free life. If you’re in the area and suffering from pain, don’t delay making an appointment today!
Treating Your Scoliosis With Physical Therapy
Do you ever feel like you are not standing up straight? Does one of your shoulders dip lower than the other one? If you answer yes to any of the following questions then you might have scoliosis. Our great team at Advance Physical Therapy offers Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY and will make sure that you are treated the best for your condition. Located in Seaford, NY with five convenient locations, you can always reach us no matter where you live.
What is Scoliosis?
Scoliosis is a curve in your spine either in the shape of an “S” or a “C” that causes you not to stand up straight. Although the curve itself does not cause any pain, scoliosis puts stress on the spinal discs, nerves, joints, muscles, and ligaments which in turn can cause pain and that can become very uncomfortable. Scoliosis only affects one percent of the population but if that someone is you it might benefit to get it looked at for treatment. Some of the signs of scoliosis are as followed.
- Uneven shoulders
- One shoulder blade that appears more prominent than the other
- Uneven waist
- One hip higher than the other
- The head not being centered over the body
- The ribs not being aligned when bending over the body
What Are Some Treatments?
Most children with scoliosis have a mild curve that does not need treatment. The doctor will recommend following up every 4 to 6 months to monitor the curve of the spine in the clinic and periodically with X-rays to make sure that the curve is not getting worse or that it is going away. For mild cases of scoliosis, exercises will be done by a physical therapist to help with flexibility and strengthen muscles. With more advanced cases, a brace will be used to help keep the spine from getting worse over time. The best way to prevent scoliosis from getting worse is to catch it early on and get treatment for it.
Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY
At Advance Physical Therapy, offering Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY, our team is dedicated to getting you back to doing all the things you love doing. We have been serving the community for over 20 years and continue to do so every day. We combine the best quality of healthcare with a personalized approach to make sure that you are getting the best care possible. We understand that you do not want to be in pain anymore and we want to help you get there. You can schedule an appointment with us by visiting our website or just giving us a call. We look forward to helping you anyway we can.
At Home Exercises For Sciatica
Sciatica is back pain that stems from the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve starts from your lower back and branches through your hips down each leg. Sciatica commonly occurs when the nerve is compressed, and it can cause inflammation, pain, and often numbness. Sciatica will typically only affect one side of your body. Advance Physical Therapy offers Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY and has professionals that can help alleviate your pain, and improve your overall quality of life!
At-Home Exercises For Sciatica
Sciatica is not only uncomfortable, but it’s also a frustrating condition to manage. Treatment usually involves non-surgical methods that you can use as needed, such as hot or cold treatment and pain medication. You can also do exercises at home to help relieve your pain. While you may feel it’s simply in your best interest to rest, you can potentially make the pain worse from inactivity. Without exercise, your back muscles and spinal structure can become deconditioned. Before beginning exercises for sciatica, you should see a professional at Advance Physical Therapy that will tailor a program to fit your needs. Here are some exercises you can do at home to help ease your pain:
- Knee to chest stretch – Lie on your back and place an object under your head to support it. Bend your knees and keep your feet hip-width apart. Then, bend one knee towards your chest and hold it with your hands. Repeat, and alternate your legs. Try to keep your neck and shoulders relaxed, and only stretch as far as you can. It should not feel uncomfortable.
- Modified cobra stretch – While lying face down with your body extended, place your hands on the mat or floor at chest level slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Keep your elbows bent, and gently press on the floor and raise your torso and head. Hold for a few seconds, then relax. You should feel this stretch in your hip flexors and abdominals.
- Seated Hip Stretch – While in a seated position, cross your right ankle over your left knee. Sit up straight. Lean forward with your back straight until you feel the stretch in your hip and right glute. You can press down, and hold for 30 seconds. Repeat this stretch a few times, and then do the same with the left leg.
- Standing hamstring stretch – Stand up straight and raise one leg on to a step. With the leg straight and pointing up, lean forward with your back straight. Hold this position for a few seconds, and repeat.
Completing these exercises daily can help stretch out your back and legs, and relieve your sciatica pain.
Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY
While sciatica can be painful, the professionals at Advance Physical Therapy can help you relieve some of your symptoms. We can curate a treatment plan to fit your needs, and get you back on track! Contact us today for Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY.
Using Proper Form To Prevent Back Pain
When it comes to Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY you should always look for a well-qualified team to provide treatment. At Advance Physical Therapy, we have been serving the Long Island and NYC communities for over 20 years! With a surplus of knowledge and treatment methods at our disposal, you can trust us to help eliminate your back pain and get you back to comfortable living.
Symptoms Associated With Back Pain
Back pain is one of the most common reasons people seek medical care and miss time from work. Since the back is one of the body’s primary structures of support, pain in this area can be extremely debilitating. Having poor posture or poor form, while sitting or moving, is one of the common causes of back pain. Some of the symptoms you may experience can include:
- Achy muscles.
- Pain that runs down your leg.
- Inability to stand, lift, bend, or walk without pain.
- Pain that is relieved when reclining.
How Proper Form Can Prevent Back Pain
At Advance Physical Therapy, we offer Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY. One of the ways to achieve this is through the use of physical therapy. However, our staff would like to stress that the best form of treatment is to avoid back pain altogether. Using proper form when either sitting or in movement is the perfect way to help accomplish this goal. Those who use improper form are more susceptible to back muscle strains and injuries. Examples of proper form that can help prevent these include some of the following:
- When lifting, always use your legs and not your back.
- If you need to move heavy objects, move your whole body as opposed to simply twisting your back.
- Make an effort to keep your back straight if you spend large quantities of time sitting down.
Methods For Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY
If the muscles in your back are too weak, you’ll never be able to achieve proper form and mitigate the risk of pain. While it might seem counter-intuitive, certain workouts will help you receive Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY, that you desperately need in order to improve your health. By contacting Advance Physical Therapy, our staff will be able to teach you how to safely and correctly execute the following exercises:
- Partial crunches.
- Lying lateral raises.
Advance Physical Therapy – Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY
Trying to deal with back pain on your own can be a difficult experience. Luckily, this is something you’ll never have to do, as the team at Advance Physical Therapy will always be there to help. Each patient that needs Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY automatically becomes our top priority. We always strive to help patients make a full recovery, and through the use of physical therapy, we can help you accomplish just that!
Back Pain During Pregnancy
See How Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY Can Help
Back pain during prеgnаnсу is a result of the changes that a wоmаn’ѕ bоdу will undergo. Whеn a wоmеn bесоmеѕ рrеgnаnt, a lоt of physical сhаngеѕ occur throughout the endocrine system. This рrераrеs the bоdу for thе grоwing fetus. These сhаngеѕ can also lead to severe jоint and spinal issues, due to thе dramatic сhаngе in a pregnant wоmаn’ѕ роѕturе. In addition, women may experience various реlviс changes. Thе protruding abdomen and inсrеаѕеd lumbar curve combined with the inсrеаѕеd weight gain puts рrеѕѕurе оn the ѕkеlеtаl ѕtruсturе. All of thеѕе fасtоrѕ саn mаkе рrеgnаnt wоmеn more рrоnе tо spinal or реlviс misalignment, lеаding tо back раin. Our Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY at Advance Physical Therapy will be able to offer you the care and support that you need.
Causes of back pain during pregnancy
- The increase of hormones: the hormones released in your body during pregnancy may result in a softening of the ligaments; this softening takes away from the support your back usually receives
- Additional weight: the baby may increase additional weight and pressure that your back must support
- Posture: poor posture or frequent standing may trigger pain felt in your lower back
- Stress: you may experience an increase in accumulation of stress in weak parts of your body; specifically the pelvis
Our phуѕiсаl thеrарiѕts will work with you to perform specific adjustments to help the pain you may be suffering from. We will focus on correcting posture through strengthening exercises in order to mаintаin the correct alignment оf thе body, spine, and реlviѕ. This, in turn, hеlрѕ free thе раtiеnt frоm bасk раin or any diѕсоmfоrt саuѕеd by misalignment. Our Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY will help relieve you of your pain.
There are various physical therapy treatments that are beneficial for lower back and pelvic pain during pregnancy that may also be beneficial for after pregnancy. The safest approach for pregnant women would be the McKenzie method.
The McKenzie Method:
- The McKenzie approach is typically comprised of four steps; assessment, clarification, treatment, and prevention
- Your condition will be treated by using one of the following techniques: sustained Postures, Repeated Movements, or Specific Mechanical Procedures
- Completing these exercises multiple times a day will help you recover at a faster rate than doing them once or twice a week
How to help reduce your back pain at home:
- Avoid sleeping on your back
- Elevate your feet while sitting to alleviate lower back pain
- Use exercises provided by our team at Advance Physical Therapy to help strengthen your back
No one should have to suffer from back pain during pregnancy. Our Back Injury Treatments Available in Seaford, NY with Advance Physical Therapy will be able to assist you to help combat the pain you may be suffering from. Contact us today to book your appointment!