October is here and so is National Physical Therapy Month! This month we will be celebrating by raising awareness of physical therapy as a safe and alternative option to opioids for the long-term treatment of chronic pain! At Advanced Physical Therapy we strive to give each patient quality care and customize each session for your individualized needs.
- Pain management with reduced need for opioids
- Avoiding surgery
- Improved mobility and movement
- Recovery from injury or trauma
- Recovery from stroke or paralysis
- Fall prevention
- Improved balance
- Management of age-related medical problems
- Orthopedic physical therapy
- Geriatric physical therapy
- Neurological physical therapy
- Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Pediatric physical therapy
Physical therapy is recommended for after surgery. Many patients pay more attention to the hours spent at the hospital that they don’t consider the importance of rehabilitation after the operation. If your doctor has prescribed physical therapy after your surgery, it’s because he believes it will be a key part of your recovery process. The main reasons it is recommended after surgery is: to promote healing, regain mobility, and to have a faster recovery that you are more involved in.
Advanced Physical therapy has been helping people in the community treat their pain for 20 years. The motto at Advance Physical Therapy is: “fast, effective treatment-one patient at a time.” Some of the services offered in our offices include: Orthopedic Rehab, Sports Rehab, Back pain, Shoulder Pain, The McKenzie Method, Fitness Evaluation, Wellness, and K-Laser treatment.
Some of our additional services include:
- Balance and Dizziness Programs
- Specialty Programs for Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Spinal Cord and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Wellness and “Aftercare” Programs
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Work Hardening Program
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Geriatric Conditioning and Strength Programs
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
This National Physical Therapy Month visit Advance PT to take care of your pain management!