Back pain is never fun for anyone, but a physical therapist can help change your life of pain. The back consists of the most active muscles and ligaments in the body. And it’s also it’s like puzzle that is made up several highly active spinal joints, nerves, discs, and muscles. Which leads to your back to always be at risk for some degree of injury. Back pain is more common in adults over the age of 60. The risk increase with age as the person gets older.
Back pain can be caused by a whole lot of different factors. Sometimes your muscles lose elasticity, your bones lose strength, and your spine loses cushioning as you age.
Treatments options for back pain are determined based on whether the pain is acute or chronic. The options typically fall into three categories: medications, physical medicine and in some cases, surgery.
Physical Medicine include:
- Physical therapy, including active therapy, and passive therapy
- Chiropractic and manipulation therapy
- Yoga and pilates, which helps stretch and strengthen muscles and improve posture
Medication for back pain relief include:
- Over-the-counter pain relievers such as nonsteroidal medications
- Muscle relaxants
Surgery Options include:
- Disk replacement
- Spinal laminectomy to open up spinal column and remove pressure on nerves
- Diseconomy to remove a specific disk that causing pain
Lower back pain and stiffness that is most common in the morning or in the evening.
- Pain that interrupts sleep
- Pain that happens first thing in the morning and again towards the end of the day
- Aching, stiffness or loss of flexibility in the back
Advance Physical Therapy located in Astoria, Valley Stream, Wantagh, and Lindenhurst has been giving clients one-on-one care. Their goal is focused on the needs on the clients in these locations. The motto is always “fast, effective treatment-one patients at a time.”