Soft tissue consists of any bodily tissue besides your bones. Injuries to these tissues can be very painful, but there are ways that physical therapy in Copiague can help. Physical therapy can include medications, injections, exercises, and stretches. At Advance Physical Therapy, we will evaluate your injuries and develop a treatment plan to help you get to a full recovery.
Many injuries can require physical therapy near Copiague. These can occur due to your occupation, daily activities, sports, or genetic conditions. Common soft tissue injuries include:
- Muscle strains
- Plantar fasciitis
Various treatments can be performed at our office and at home to treat your soft tissue injury. We will determine what treatments would be best for your injury. Some of these treatments include:
- If your soft tissue injury involves a joint, you can move that joint as far as it can move in all directions. This will relax and stretch the soft tissue surrounding the site of injuries, such as muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- K-Laser treatment works by stimulating the injured area and directs your body to send blood, oxygen, and nutrients to the area. This painless treatment increases circulation, reduces inflammation and accelerates healing. The treatment takes 3-9 minutes per session.
- Medications such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen can be given to relieve soft tissue injury pain. These will also reduce swelling, allowing the body to have an easier time healing.
Soft tissue injuries can impact people’s lives and can go years without being treated. This will increase the chance of not making a full recovery. Receiving physical therapy near Copiague as soon as you experience soft tissue injuries or pain will make the treatment process faster and easier. Here are some major benefits of receiving physical therapy in Copiague for your soft tissue injuries:
- Increased mobility
- Pain relief
- Prevent further damage and injuries
- Manage and reduce effects of age-related conditions such as arthritis and osteoporosis
Physical Therapy near Copiague
Advance Physical Therapy is a highly skilled practice that is eager to help people heal from injuries and prevent them from developing later in life. By receiving physical therapy near Copiague, you’re improving your overall health and preventing conditions you may already have from getting worse.