Spinal stenosis can cause pain and tension and can be extremely aggravating to those who experience symptoms. Spinal stenosis occurs when there is little space inside the backbone, causing excessive pressure on the spinal cord and leading to feelings of pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness. This condition directly affects the nerves located within the spinal cord, which is the cause of those undesirable feelings. However, there are forms of treatment for those affected by spinal stenosis. With the right physical therapy near Bellmore, you’ll be able to live the pain-free life you deserve. Advance Physical therapy can provide you with the exact treatment you’re seeking and will have you back to living life with no pain restrictions!
What Causes Spinal Stenosis?
There are many possible reasons for spinal stenosis to occur. It is important to speak with a professional to find out why you’re experiencing symptoms and what you can do for relief. We have you covered with the best treatment and recommendations at Advance Physical Therapy if you are seeking physical therapy near Bellmore. However, here are some possible reasons you may be experiencing symptoms:
- Wear and tear due to arthritis can cause bone spurs. This happens when an extra piece of bone grows, limiting the space within your backbone.
- A herniated disk, the soft part of the tissue, can stick out, putting pressure on the spinal cord or surrounding nerves.
- Spinal injury, an injury to the spinal cord that causes trauma, can have a lasting effect, putting the spinal structure out of place or causing swelling, reducing the amount of space within the backbone.
- Numbness in the neck
- Pain or cramping in the legs
- Tingling/weakness in your limbs
- Trouble walking
- Poor balance
Tips for Relief
Physical therapy is the perfect option for treating your spinal stenosis. At Advance Physical Therapy, we offer ideal treatment for those seeking physical therapy near Bellmore. Here are some ways physical therapy can help you with recovery:
- Flexibility – Stretching exercises increase flexibility, creating less tension within your muscles and allowing you to move more freely.
- Balance – Stabilization training can help to strengthen muscles in your neck and back and assist in giving them a better balance.
- Endurance – Getting your heart rate up can help release endorphins to relieve pain and, at the same time, boost your overall fitness.
Seeking Physical Therapy Near Bellmore?
At Advance Physical Therapy, we promise you the experience you’re looking for throughout your physical therapy journey. We promise a stress-free and smooth journey for all of our patients and guarantee a recovery process you’ll enjoy. Contact us today to begin your physical therapy near Bellmore!