Fitness Evaluation is a series of tests to test one’s overall health and physical fitness. It is essential to test someone’s physical strength and abilities, especially after they have suffered an injury. Our team at Advance Physical Therapy near Copiague will evaluate your strength and determine the next best steps for recovery. Some of the tests we use include but are not limited to:
- Body composition testing– this test is meant for people who want to lose weight. Some tests include BMI tests (Body Mass Index).
- Cardiorespiratory endurance testing– meant to calculate how effectively your heart and lungs deliver oxygen to your body as you exercise.
- VO2 tests– shows how much oxygen uptake is being used when one is doing intense exercise. Having high levels of oxygen uptake means that one’s Cardiorespiratory system is working properly.
- Submaximal tests– this tests your cardiorespiratory endurance.
- Muscular strength and endurance tests– this test is meant to see which muscle groups have the most strength and which ones are weak.
- Flexibility test– this is used to check for postural imbalances; this ranges from motion and areas of tightness.
What are fitness evaluations for?
There are many reasons why fitness evaluations are necessary. For one instance, there are those who work jobs that require a lot of physical strength. Some of these jobs include:
- U.S. military
- Police officer
- Construction work
Professional athletes go through rigorous fitness evaluations to see if they are fit enough to perform the tasks along with physically demanding service jobs. Professional leagues like the NFL or the NBA all have a dedicated combined fitness evaluation where the teams get to see the players go through a series of fitness tests and technical tests in their respective sports.
How can Advance Physical Therapy Near Copiague help?
Having good physical fitness is very important, especially if your job requires you to perform a lot of physical tasks. At Advance Physical Therapy, we have Physical Therapy near Copiague that can help improve your fitness. Our Physical Therapist near Copiague. So if you are having problems with your fitness or feel like you can improve your fitness, contact us today.