Physical therapy in general is a treatment of injury, disease, or deformity by physical methods, such as various exercises, rather than the use of drugs or surgery. Women’s health physical therapy Queens, NY, however, is the process of treating women-specific needs through proper evaluation of their physical condition and implementation of a personalized treatment plan built for women. At Advance PT, we are highly experienced in treating women’s needs of all kinds through pelvic floor therapy and other methods. Learn more on our website and continue reading.
How Can Women’s Health Physical Therapy Queens, NY Help Me?
Women’s health physical therapists help educate women on how to properly care for their needs and treat them every step of the way with care and compassion. They specialize in helping women with various conditions, diseases, and issues that are related specifically to a woman’s health. These include gynecology/reproductive and sexual health, and pregnancy/childbirth and Infertility. Some health services that are primarily for women also include:
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Inability to correctly relax and coordinate pelvic muscles
- Loss of bowel control when sneezing, coughing, or laughing
- Pelvic Pain
- Can be arising from reproductive, urinary, or digestive systems
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Care
- Various hormone and body changes that can be difficult to deal with
- Chronic Constipation
- Infrequent bowel movements or difficulty passage of stool
- Frequent Urination
- Urinating more often than the usual norm for yourself
At the initial evaluation, you should expect to review your medical history and prior diagnostics, as well as undergo a comprehensive musculoskeletal analysis. This will help the women’s health physical therapist give you the right tools and knowledge to help you. Some treatment options include:
- Patient, dietary, and behavioral education
- External and internal soft tissue mobilization, deep tissue massage
- Appropriate strengthening exercises
- Muscle awareness activities
- Electrical stimulation and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)
- Hot and cold therapy
- Home exercise programs
Advance Physical Therapy
At Advance Physical Therapy, we provide our patients whatever they need, including women’s health physical therapy Queens, NY. Our motto is “fast, effective treatment- one patient at a time.” We offer treatments that can address the cause of issues and improve overall quality of life. We allocate comforting expert care so you are at ease from the start. If you have any further questions, please contact us today!