Physical Therapy in Astoria, NY
Balance is usually not something people think about every day and is often taken for granted. Poor balance can make everyday activities harder to accomplish and could cause pain while doing it. If your balance is compromised, you may feel symptoms of unsteadiness, dizziness, blurred vision, or even faintness. If you are unsure if you are suffering from a balance disorder, seeking treatment from Advance Physical Therapy in Lindenhurst may be the right step for you.
Benefits of Balance Therapy
- Body Awareness. Body awareness is something that is not often practiced. Balance training enhances your body awareness and will help your body reach equilibrium and decrease the risk of injury.
- Increased Coordination. Through balance therapy, you will notice your body has greater control over its actions.
- Increase in Body Strength. Balance therapy strengthens the muscles in your nervous system. Strengthening your nervous system helps to strengthen your body, as you will notice that you will have the strength to take on more physically demanding activities.
- Better Agility. Agility is known as the ability to perform activities with swiftness. For athletes especially, it is essential to have good agility because most sports require quick movement. This is one reason why balance therapy for people without balance disorders is still important. The more agile you are, the more coordinated, efficient and quick you are. If you are an athlete looking to improve your agility, our physical therapy in Lindenhurst could be very beneficial to you.
- Better Joint Stability. Balance therapy helps the joints in your body become stronger. Promoting strength in your knees, hips, neck, ankles, and shoulders is important to help avoid injury.
Why Advance Physical Therapy?
At Advance Physical Therapy, our team is experienced and knowledgeable in balance therapy and what it takes to get your body where it needs to be. After doing an initial assessment, we will create a personalized plan of exercises to improve your overall balance. If you are looking for physical therapy in Lindenhurst, we make booking an appointment easy. Request an appointment right from your phone or computer today to get started.