Physical Therapy Near Bellmore
Advance Physical Therapy in Bellmore has been serving the community for over 20 years. We combine the highest quality health care with a personalized approach to your rehabilitation. With offices in Buffalo and on Long Island in Valley Stream, Wantagh, and Lindenhurst. Call today to schedule your evaluation.
At Advance Physical Therapy you will always get the “one-on-one” care that has made our practice the first choice for so many. We strive for your complete satisfaction and are focused on your needs as an individual always. That is why our motto at Advance Physical Therapy is: “fast, effective treatment-one patient at a time.”
Our Bellmore Physical Therapy offers a comprehensive and state-of-the-art approach to your rehabilitation. Our therapists are licensed, experienced professionals, most with doctoral degrees and advanced certifications. If you do not see your diagnosis or ailment below please feel free to call or e-mail us for a free discussion of your needs.
Some of our additional services include:
- Balance and Dizziness Programs
- Specialty Programs for Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Spinal Cord, and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Wellness and “Aftercare” Programs
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Work Hardening
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Geriatric Conditioning and Strength Programs
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Specialist
- Specialized Training
- Treatment for Musculoskeletal Injuries
Contact Us For Physical Therapy near Bellmore
How Can Advance Physical Therapy near Bellmore Help?
Why Choose Physical Therapy?
Staring all the way back in 1914 after World War I physical therapy was used to help rehabilitate soldiers coming back from the war. Today, physical therapy has taken on many different specialties by helping those who are injured or in pain get back to feeling right. With the goal to reduce pain, increase the range of motion, build strength, or even improve posture. Physical Therapy is also the healthier alternative to using painkillers to deal with pain even as simple as back pain. Your physical therapist will work with you in finding the right plan that is fit for you.
What to expect from Physical Therapy
With four convenient locations in Astoria, Valley Stream, Wantagh, and Lindenhurst we at Advance Physical Therapy are here to help. Your first visit with us will help our team get to know your needs better. That is why your physical therapist will be asking a lot of questions about your health and the condition you are here for. Then depending on your condition one of our physical therapists will test your strength, flexibility, balance, and many other things to get a baseline. Once this is all recorded we will work with you to formulate some goals for you throughout your time with us. One of our main goals is to be able to improve your ability to do the basic daily task in the least amount of pain possible. The most important part of physical therapy is how much you put into each session. The more you put into it the better your results.
Keeping Your Appointments
By providing physical therapy near Bellmore, we allow our patients the convenience of having an office close to their home. This is important in the rehab process because the more you come in the better you will be feeling. By being close to home we allow the patients enough time to get to their appointments on time or even early to prepare for the session. We encourage you to actively participate in the discussion about treatments and how frequently you should meet with your physical therapists. This is why we offer flexible scheduling to fit your needs. So don’t be in pain any longer contact us to make an appointment and get started today!
Physical Therapy Following A Patellar Tendon Tear
Have you recently been dealing with knee pain and swelling? If this is the case, it’s important to get the joint checked out for any structural damage. Sometimes, the source of your pain and discomfort can be a patellar tendon tear. Fortunately, our team at Advance Physical Therapy is well versed in diagnosing and treating this condition. To learn more about how physical therapy treatment can help with your recovery, please consult with a member of our staff at any of our five locations.
Symptoms To Watch For
The sooner you receive treatment for an injury, the less likely it is that you’ll suffer permanent damage as a result of the issue. That is why you must be able to recognize when the symptoms of a patellar tendon tear are present. If you find yourself dealing with any of the below, it may be time to schedule an appointment with our physical therapists:
- Pain directly under the kneecap.
- Swelling and bruising around the front of the knee.
- Pain that increases when walking or being physically active.
- A noticeable soft spot where the tendon should be.
What Is Physical Therapy?
When it comes to injury treatment, physical therapy is almost always amongst the top of the recommendation list. Physical therapy and rehabilitation is an activity-based form of treatment that helps an injury area heal itself from within. The healing is achieved through the use of a mixture of therapeutic stretches and strengthening exercises. Our physical therapists will tailor your sessions to meet your exact injury needs. In addition to physical activities, sessions may also consist of some of the following:
- Massage therapy.
- Heat and cold therapy.
- Electronic muscle stimulation.
How Physical Therapy Will Help With A Patellar Tendon Tear
One of the major benefits of physical therapy is the number of injuries and conditions it can be used to help treat. If you’ve suffered from a patellar tendon tear, physical therapy may be the answer that you’re looking for when it comes to treatment. By working with our physical therapists, the following can take place in the injured area:
- Regaining your strength.
- Improving your range of motion.
- Reduction of swelling.
- Elimination of any pain.
Schedule An Appointment For Physical Therapy near Bellmore
No matter the injury, it’s important to work with a team that you can trust when receiving care. At Advance Physical Therapy, our team can help patients dealing with a patellar tendon tear and potentially allow them to make a full recovery. To learn more about our services and how we can help, contact us, and schedule an appointment today at our Bellmore NY location!
Physical Therapy after Hand Surgery
After any kind of surgery, it is important that you follow it up with physical therapy if your doctor recommends doing so. An important part of our body is our hands. After hand surgery, making sure that you gain full motion back to your hand is our goal. At Advance Physical Therapy, we have an excellent team of a physical therapist that dedicated their knowledge to help each of their clients to recover fully. If you are looking for expert physical therapy in Erie County, NY that will help you recover after surgery then we are the right place for you.
Why Physical Therapy Following Hand Surgery?
Everyday we use our hands to perform the simplest tasks like putting on a shirt. Without the use of this extremity, everyday tasks can become very difficult. After hand surgery, it is important that you get the proper hand therapy so that you recover the right way and get the proper use of your hand again. If you do not receive therapy after surgery your scar tissue will heal the wrong way causing you to not be able to use your hands. Some of the exercises that you may engage in at physical therapy in Erie County, NY are:
- Splinting and traction
- Nerve stimulation
- Heat therapy
- Exercises for the hand
- Bandages to help with swelling
- Massage therapy
What To Expect
Depending on your type of surgery, your hand will be stiff and progress will be slow at first. Your hand will be sensitive to the touch but that will go away after a couple of months of therapy. After your surgery, your hand will be in a splint or bandages so that it is immobilized. Your physician will determine the length of time that you must keep your hand immobilized. The reason for this is to help with the healing process and prevent the risk of accidentally hitting it, moving it improperly, and pulling out the stitches. Sleeping at night might be uncomfortable due to not being able to sleep on the side of the hand surgery. Make sure you consult our physical therapy in Erie County, NY to learn what you can do to help with the pain if you are experiencing any.
Contact Us For Physical Therapy Near Bellmore
If you have recently had hand surgery and require physical therapy but are unsure of where to go you should check out Advance Physical therapy. Our experienced staff will treat you with the best extensive care and make sure that you are comfortable the whole time. We offer Physical Therapy near Bellmore and are open Monday through Friday. If you are looking to book an appointment, please do so by visiting our website and requesting one online. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Physical Therapy For The Pelvic Floor
Do you have a weak pelvic floor? Your pelvic floor is a hammock-like combination of muscles and tissue that stretches from the tailbone to the pubic bone. For women, the pelvic floor gives support to the bladder, the uterus, and the colon. Pelvic floor muscles are what helps you to control bladder and bowel movements. Having a weak pelvic floor can lead to health problems like the inability to control the release of urine (incontinence) and a less pleasurable sex-life. Physical Therapy near Bellmore and Merrick is an effective treatment for a weakened pelvic floor.
Having a strong pelvic floor is important for bladder control, bowel control, and flatulence control. Women with weak pelvic floors tend to suffer from stress incontinence and painful or unenjoyable sex. Men who have weak pelvic floors may suffer from painful or premature ejaculation. Many people who suffer from these conditions find that seeking Physical Therapy near Bellmore is helpful.
You may be wondering what is causing your pelvic floor muscles to be weakened. Some things that cause a weak pelvic floor include:
- Pregnancy/giving birth
- Refraining from exercises that keep the pelvic floor strong
- Asthma, bronchitis, or other conditions that cause prolonged coughing
- Old age
How Do I Strengthen My Pelvic Floor?
While some people may recommend at-home pelvic floor exercises, it can be hard to ensure that they are being done properly and often enough. To enforce consistent, effective strengthening of the pelvic floor, Physical Therapy near Bellmore is your best option. A doctor who performs Physical Therapy near Bellmore may help you to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles in several ways:
- Education: Your doctor will educate you regarding your pelvic anatomy, and how your everyday life may be affecting your pelvic floor muscles.
- Pelvic exam: Your doctor will examine your pelvic floor muscles and assess whether they are overly tight. Your doctor will also assess the level of pain or discomfort you feel throughout this process, and may ask you to try and relax your pelvic muscles or perform a kegel. Your ability to do these exercises will let your doctor know which treatment plan might be right for you.
- Pelvic floor exercises: You’ll learn the proper technique for contracting or relaxing pelvic floor muscles. This includes proper breathing techniques and stretching.
- Manual therapy: A massage may be done, or your doctor might aid you in stretching to help with blood circulation and mobility.
- Vaginal dilators: Your doctor may advise that you purchase various sizes of these tube-shaped plastic devices. These are inserted into the vagina and can help women learn to relax their pelvic muscles. Most doctors recommend guided use of these, as it can be difficult to properly use them without instruction from a doctor. Women who have been treated for gynecological cancer may also find them helpful for vaginal rehabilitation after treatment.
Physical Therapy Near Bellmore
At Advance Physical Therapy, our women’s health division specializes in creating treatment programs that help women suffering from weak pelvic floor conditions. Conditions that we help to treat with pelvic floor physical therapy include pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic pain, and incontinence. Men with weak pelvic floor conditions may also be treated. Visit our website for more information, or schedule an appointment with us today!
Utilizing The Mckenzie Method For Physical Therapy
Have you ever heard of the Mckenzie Method? If you haven’t, it’s an exercise program for neck and back pain. Most of the time, when you go to physical therapy for rehabilitation, they assign you multiple exercises to complete while you’re there and while at home. This method helps patients treat themselves and manage pain with exercises and strategies to help them feel better entirely. Advance Physical Therapy near Bellmore can help you with these exercises for your rehab program at home. To learn more on how the Mackenzie method can help you, contact us today!
What is the Mckenzie Method?
The Mckenzie Method is designed to help you with neck and back pain. These techniques are here to help you treat and manage pain that you may be dealing with in the first place throughout your lives. Although, the goal of the program is to help incentivize any discomfort and ensure that you return to normal activities once again. This system enables you to reduce pain and live a pain-free lifestyle. To learn more about how this program works, visit Advance Physical Therapy near Bellmore today!
How the Mckenzie Method Benefits your Health?
- Assessment- Determines how severe your symptoms are and what exercises and movements you’re able to perform without being in pain. This test will allow our therapists to evaluate your performance carefully and to understand the exact problem truly.
- Classification- Since each muscle group is different in every person, this strategy helps guide you into targeted exercises which can help you obtain your long-term goals into the future.
- Treatment- The therapist will perform specific exercises to see how your body reacts to this type of movement. This is a hands-on approach to help successfully determine and manage your pain.
- Prevention- Hopefully, by the end of this, you will gain some knowledge and insight into how to deal with your pain to help reduce risk in the future. If any of your previous symptoms start to show up again, you will be ready to help take care of them.
Physical Therapy Near Bellmore, NY
The Mckenzie Method is designed to help you with neck and back pain. This method allows patients to treat themselves and manage pain with exercises and strategies to help them feel better entirely. Advance Physical Therapy near Bellmore can help you with these exercises for your rehab program at home. To learn more on how the Mackenzie method can help you, contact us today!
In the bustling community of Bellmore, NY, where life’s demands can take a toll on our bodies, the presence of Bellmore Physical Therapy shines as a beacon of hope and healing. Through this comprehensive exploration of physical therapy’s role in Bellmore, we’ve uncovered a world of specialized care that’s poised to help you rediscover the joy of a pain-free, active life.
From addressing orthopedic injuries to nurturing pelvic floor health, the licensed physical therapists at Bellmore Physical Therapy possess the expertise needed to guide you through your unique journey towards recovery. With a focus on personalized treatment plans, our clinic’s commitment to your well-being is unwavering.
As you seek to improve your mobility, alleviate pain, and regain your quality of life, remember these key takeaways:
- Personalized Approach: Our team’s specialized training enables them to craft customized treatment plans that cater to your specific needs, ensuring efficient and effective recovery.
- Community Hub: Bellmore Physical Therapy stands as a cornerstone of the Bellmore community, providing a supportive environment where patients of all ages can heal and thrive.
- Expertise in Action: The integration of orthopedic expertise, occupational therapy, and rehabilitation techniques empowers you to overcome challenges and reclaim your independence.
- Pioneering Techniques: Our clinic offers a range of cutting-edge therapies, including manual therapy, to enhance your healing process and maximize your outcomes.
- Path to a Pain-Free Life: Through a combination of targeted exercises, rehabilitation strategies, and expert guidance, you’re equipped to not only heal but also prevent future injuries.
- Accessible Care: Whether you’re seeking physical therapy near Bellmore, NY, or from surrounding areas like Wantagh and Merrick, our conveniently located clinic is ready to serve you.
- Empowerment through Knowledge: Armed with an understanding of the benefits of physical therapy, you’re better equipped to make informed decisions about your health and wellness.
In partnership with the skilled therapists at Bellmore Physical Therapy, you’re not just embarking on a journey to recovery; you’re taking steps towards a life where pain takes a back seat and vitality takes center stage. To start your own journey towards a pain-free, healthier you, reach out to us today and let Bellmore Physical Therapy be your guiding light. Your well-being is our priority, and together, we can unlock the door to a future of mobility, strength, and joy.
Remember, at Bellmore Physical Therapy, we’re not just treating injuries; we’re nurturing dreams and paving the way for a brighter, pain-free tomorrow.
Advanced Physical Therapy has been a life saver for me for the last year. Mike is excellent. He is very professional, extremely knowledgable and has helped me get back my strength and be able to walk again. Jackie is a sweetheart who has assisted me as well and I can’t thank them enough. In addition, they are extremely clean and make sure each and every table, and equipment is wiped down prior to use. Everyone is very friendly, and welcoming at each appointment. I highly recommend Advanced Physical Therapy!!!! – Christen R.
Best PT ever!!! My recovery from major shoulder surgery has been a breeze, Dr. Marina is amazing and Sean helped me 2 years ago with a neck injury. I am forever grateful. They saved my quality of life. The whole staff is wonderful. Highly recommend! – Valerie L.
Best ever. Great people from the desk to the therapists. Love Mike and Jackie. Very knowledgeable and professional. Very friendly and genuinely interested in your health issues and you personally. Look forward to my sessions. Greatly improved in just a few short weeks. Place is clean and Covid conscious. Thank you all especially Mike and Jackie. – Stefani H.
I have been coming here for close to two full years. First for hip replacement and then a shoulder injury from a car accident. Jackie has worked with me from day one. She is AMAZING! So thorough in her treatment, she explains everything. She is a fun person to work with. She always listens to what your body is saying. I highly recommend this place! – Joyce M.