Are you in search of physical therapy for incontinence in Queens? Our team at Advance Physical Therapy is here to help you. Contact us today for more information about how we can help, and continue reading.
Treating Your Incontinence
Incontinence, although common, can feel uncomfortable or embarrassing. You may be searching for a treatment that can help and are not sure where to start. Physical therapy may be the solution you are looking to conquer feelings of uneasiness and lower the need for medication or even surgery.
Advance Physical Therapy offers many services including physical therapy for incontinence in Queens. Our professionals are dedicated to getting you the help you are looking for!
Types of Incontinence
Incontinence can be seen in many forms, some being:
- Stress Incontinence causes a urine leak when you put pressure on your bladder such as when you sneeze, cough, laugh, exercise, or pick up something heavy.
- Urge Incontinence is also known as overactive bladder (OAB) and is when you have a sudden and intense urge to urinate, then followed by a urinary leak. You may feel the need to frequently urinate through the day and night.
- Mixed Incontinence is having a combination of more than one type of incontinence.
- Overflow Incontinence is caused by the inability to empty the bladder so urine may leak once the bladder is full.
- Functional Incontinence happens when another health condition keeps you from getting to the bathroom in time. One example of a condition that someone could have is arthritis.
How Physical Therapy for Incontinence in Queens Can Help
If you are dealing with incontinence, physical therapy can help you gain back control of your symptoms. Your physical therapist will work with you to build your pelvic floor muscles. These muscles hold up your bladder and strengthening them can help lessen or even stop urinary leaks. Treatment to strengthen the muscles will include kegel exercises along with other exercises that target important muscles. They may also implement biofeedback, where they can see how your muscles are contracting. These can help to prevent leaks by teaching you how to control the muscles.
Here at Advance Physical Therapy, we understand the inconvenience of incontinence which is why we offer physical therapy for incontinence in Queens. We will create a personalized plan of exercises and techniques so you can feel your best.
Contact Us Today!
If you are looking for physical therapy for incontinence in Queens, look no further than Advance Physical Therapy. Our team of physical therapists will treat you with the highest quality, individualized care so that you can receive the treatment you need. Don’t let incontinence trouble you any longer. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!