Are you feeling dizzy or tired? Also, are you feeling lightheaded, and is it affecting your daily activities? You may be dealing with Vestibular balance disorder. Many people face this common issue when it comes to dealing with their balance. This should not be taken lightly if these conditions arise. Advance Physical Therapy can help you with this problem. Schedule an appointment today for a Vestibular physical therapist near Farmingdale!
A vestibular disorder is a link between your inner ear and your brain that keeps you retain your balance through your day-to-day activities. If this system gets damaged, then many problems may arise. It’s crucial not to take any conditions dealing with your brain very lightly because they’re an essential function to your body. A physical therapist can help you battle this condition and overcome this disorder. A vestibular physical therapist near Farmingdale can help you with this condition.
Symptoms of Vestibular Balance Disorder:
- Off- balanced
- “Head Spinning” everything feels like it’s moving around.
- Blurred vision
- Falling and stumbling over
These symptoms can happen at any moment, whether you’re standing up or just lying down for prolonged periods. The vestibular system helps restore balance and eye movements within the body. However, if this part of the body has been either damaged, aging, or injured, these symptoms may occur.
How Can Vestibular Balance Disorder be Treated:
- Lifestyle changes- Change your diet and activity. If you’re a smoker, then try to quit immediately.
- Surgery- If medications and other treatments aren’t working out for you, surgery might be your best option. A procedure to the inner ear canal to help repair its function.
- Rehabilitation- Retraining your balance can help you move through the day much better. This is where a vestibular physical therapist near Farmingdale can help make adjustments to better yourself in your daily life.
Exercises for Vestibular Balance Disorder:
- Practice going up and downstairs.
- Changing shoes or clothing
Vestibular Physical Therapist near Farmingdale
Advance Physical Therapy can help you enjoy life more by making you feel better. A Vestibular physical therapist near Farmingdale can help restore your balance and overcome this condition. This should not be taken lightly, and if any of the following symptoms arise, take immediate action. Please schedule an appointment today to see how we can help!