Gluteal muscle can be painful to manage when sleeping, walking, or doing other everyday activities. At Advance Physical Therapy, our staff is one of the best in physical therapy in amherst ny. Healing a pulled gluteal muscle typically takes some time and patience. There are steps to expedite the recovery process.
Symptoms of Gluteal Muscle
Symptoms such as muscle stiffness, bruising, or swelling can be an indication of gluteal muscle strain. Discomfort when sitting, standing, or bending can also be another indication of another symptom of gluteal muscle. Strains tend to occur when the muscle is stretched past normal limits. When it happens, microtears in the muscle can form, resulting in a limited range of motion.
5 Ways to Recover Gluteal Muscle
- Have some rest- Resting is the most important to help recover gluteal muscle. Continuing to use the muscle can worsen the strain and delay the recovery.
- Stretching and mobility exercise- Light stretching can heal the muscle slightly while reintroducing movement.
- Apply Ice – Ice can help reduce the area of inflammation and swelling. Apply ice for 10 – 20 minutes for every 2 – 4 hours.
- Use a compression bandage- A bandage or a wrap such as a sleeve can help support reducing the pain. It can improve the blood circulation to promote healing.
- Nutrition and Staying Hydrated- A diet filled with nutrition such as protein, vitamins, and minerals. Staying hydrated is crucial to help recover your overall health.
Physical Therapy can help target exercises and different techniques to facilitate healing, strengthen muscles, and prevent future injuries. At Advance Physical Therapy in amherst ny, we can help apply all of your needs to help strengthen the gluteal muscles.
Contact Us at Advance Physical Therapy in Amherst NY
Using these methods to help recover gluteal muscles in the fastest way possible. Everyone’s recovery time is based on how serious the injury is. If the injury worsens or endures, do not hesitate. Contact us at Advance Physical Therapy in amherst ny and request an appointment so the recovery time can be the fastest way possible. Click here to learn more about our services and how we can help you today!