Treatment for Neuropathy in Nassau County
Neuropathy is a condition in which a patient is experiencing nerve damage, specifically the nerves that transfer information from the brain/spinal cord and dispersed throughout the rest of the body. Disorders pertaining to the nervous system can often result in neuropathic pain. This pain, ranging from moderate to chronic/severe, typically comes with burning/shooting sensations within the feet and hands. If you’re seeking treatment for neuropathy in Nassau County, consider utilizing the benefits of K-Laser therapy at Advance Physical Therapy. K-Laser has shown to yield positive results when it comes to the treatment of the neuropathic complication.
What is Neuropathy?
Commonly referred to as “peripheral neuropathy,” the condition is problematic for those coping with communication-related issues from the brain and spinal cord. Nerve damage that halts message transfer within the body can often result in complications such as:
- Restricted muscle movements.
- Frequent/chronic pain (burning sensations).
- Tingling/numbness within the arms & legs.
Unfortunately, neuropathy rears its ugly head in various different forms. Each type of neuropathy has similar and different side-effects from the others. With treatment for neuropathy in Nassau County, you’ll be able to identify whether or not you have the following variations of the issue:
- Mononeuropathy: Physical trauma (such as a spontaneous collision) or periodic/repetitive movements can stimulate mononeuropathy. This condition damages a single peripheral nerve, as opposed to several. Ordinarily, the most common condition of mononeuropathy is carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Autonomic Neuropathy: Often, neuropathy can also target internal organs and create complications within the body. This is known as autonomic neuropathy and it often develops issues such as low blood pressure. Autonomic neuropathy is regularly considered to be the rarest variation of the condition.
- Polyneuropathy: Considered the most common embodiment of neuropathy, polyneuropathy corrupts several peripheral nerves throughout your body (as opposed to mono affecting just one). Catalysts for the condition can include the following:
- Alcohol abuse for an extended period of time.
- Poor nutrition – primarily a lacking of vitamin B intake.
- Severe complications (i.e. cancer, kidney failure).
How can K-Laser assist me?
Just as it sounds, K-Laser therapy uses a laser (red & infrared light) in order to help your cells regenerate tissue. Cleared by the FDA in 2002, K-Laser is able to replenish cells that have been drained of water/nutrients. If you’re in need of treatment for neuropathy in Nassau County, you need to consider applying K-Laser therapy over at Advance PT. Benefits that can stem from treating neuropathy with K-Laser can include the following:
- An increase of cellular metabolic activity.
- Promoting the transport of nutrients.
- Potential relief for nerve inflammation and neuropathic pain.
- Easing of blood flow to affected areas.
- Increased production of cellular energy (ATP).
Fortunately, K-Laser is a unique treatment option that not only manages neuropathy but also a number of different conditions as well. For more information regarding treatment for neuropathy in Nassau County, contact Advance Physical Therapy and inquire with any and all questions.